About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Yes, the dead people kept me up again.

I did get a two hour nap after church and the delightful monthly visit with the couple who are my home teacher and visiting teacher. Went to my inbox to cull out the fluff and decided to start working on the emails with hints from Ancestry. Cleared all the names in two emails and was able to delete those. Decided it might be more effective to drop to the bottom of the list (older emails) and get rid of them before I was overwhelmed with fresh hints due to the ones I worked tonight. Discovered three new cousins (via AncestryDNA) and sent each of them an email with "here's how we are related".

Middlest delighted me yesterday morning (I can't believe it's Monday already, and yes, I'm going to bed shortly) by announcing a desire to attend church with me, followed by the caveat that I was not to get my hopes up that this would happen every week. Message received. And I'm so proud of my kid for overcoming a hovering migraine and major social anxiety to hang out with a bunch of benevolent strangers for three hours and even volunteer to read a scriptural passage in Sunday School.

Doesn't get much better than that.

Over and out.

No comments: