About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

A fantastic night's sleep, followed by a pretty great day at work, followed by knitting.

Probably the best night's sleep in weeks. Because it's either been good sleep but not enough of it, or a long night with several-to-many interruptions, or weird dreams that are probably trying to tell me something, or bits that twitch me awake just as I'm going under, or storm warnings that levitate me three feet up off the bed.

So I was very thankful to wake up feeling unusually rested. Middlest and I got out the door within a minute or two of when we had planned. (I walked out into the living room, fully dressed and in my sweater, with bags and keys in hand, and announced "Ta DAAA!") I dropped my kid off at school, took a different route to work, because a week ago it meant four extra school zones, and on Tuesday it meant one extra school zone, but today there was just the one east of downtown, and I made amazingly good time on Central Expressway. It was like somebody had greased the slide, and I had time for breakfast and a few stitches on the Frankensock.

Work was productive. SemperFi was working remotely, which I'm coming to prefer, but there was one stretch where he called me three times in two minutes, and I answered the phone, "*Yes*, SemperFi?" He left me alone to actually get something done for awhile after that.

I got two answers filed, and the rest of the paperwork done and out for that past-due answer we had about a week and a half ago, and some of the new To Do's done plus some of the older ones. I have no idea what showed up in the mail today for him or The Kid, and I will have to look that over first thing in the morning. But if he will leave me alone tomorrow, I might actually get everything done.

I love my job. I really do. And I love it best when he trusts me to get everything done, if not fifteen seconds after he gives me the task.

Work over, I came back home, picked up Middlest, and we grabbed Chicken Express on the way to the bonus Knit Night. We were the last ones out of the shop. Would probably have sat there just this side of forever if the owners hadn't laughed and flashed the lights as they do in a bar. Knit even happened.

And now it's three minutes until my bedtime, so I'm going to log off, take my meds, and see how quickly I can become horizontal and unconscious.

No comments: