About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

I'll ride this winning streak for however long it lasts.

Fourth consecutive night of good sleep, although my dreams were somewhat bizarre. Bits and pieces from various recurring dreams, with new stuff thrown in for good measure. The auditorium dream, the superspy/superhero dream, the working-in-the-not-my-office dream, the going up and down endless stairways dream, with a side order of Downton Abbey and the Bitties getting nabbed by Bad 'Uns, and BittyBubba using a scrap of mirror to signal SOS across the street, where a feisty grandmother (not me, because apparently I'm only a spectator) calls the cops for help.

I spent the morning before church organizing and scanning documents for our tax returns, checking them against my spreadsheets, and building a new shred-me pile on top of the shredder. Middlest's originals have gone into an envelope and been handed over. After church, I disassembled a couple stacks of notebooks and lined them up in front of a bookcase.

Most of the clutter is off  my desk. We inserted the mesh file baskets into the top space of my oval coffee table, and they are holding various envelopes and documents out of the way but still accessible.

I have paper bags labeled with the names of the people they will go to. (Yes, I am ending a sentence with a preposition. I also begin sentences with conjunctions, because I agree with Orson Scott Card who said something on the order of many important sentences in the Bible begin with conjunctions, and if it's good enough for Heaven, it's good enough for him.)

I don't necessarily have any more control over my life than when I came home from work on Friday, but we have less stuff to stumble over, so I'm calling it a win.

If I were a totally responsible adult, I would load the dishwasher before going to bed, but instead I'm going to rinse my plate and empty the sink tomorrow, which will give us a clean kitchen until dinner and also decrease the time it takes for hot water to reach my shower head.

My computer says that it's 10:30, and I'm not in the mood to argue. Night, y'all.

No comments: