About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 23, 2017

I went a little nuts at Costco.

Pun intended They've been out of my sliced almonds for the better part of two months, and I like to add a quarter cup of almonds to my granola to ramp up the protein and the healthy fat. So tonight I bought three bags. And one or two of everything else we needed, and a couple of new things to try (instant pho? who knew? hoping that Middlest will enjoy it). Middlest came out and helped me schlep everything inside.

I also picked up two of my Rx's and saved about three dollars over what I'd been paying.

And I just knocked my slice of havarti into the dregs of my buttermilk. I think the proper response to that is pho-oey. Buttermilk down the hatch is yummy. Buttermilk on my fingers is kinda gross.

There's a reason why I'm not a potter.

I've started another pair of Frankensocks, using two balls of yarn, one of which is the Koigu that I bought at Purl Soho last summer. The other is Claudia or Cherry Tree Hill, because I don't think I've ever bought a skein of Jitterbug in that color. I've given away two pairs of baby socks in the past couple of weeks, so it's time to start rebuilding the gift stash. I found out recently that a dear friend's youngest is pregnant with a miracle baby, and the daughter of another longtime friend popped out a daughter last week.

Well, dears, it's past my bedtime, and tomorrow is going to be a long day. Work today went fairly well. I got caught up on SemperFi's incoming mail and didn't touch The Kid's. I did get all of the signed mail sent out or filed with the court. Thankfully, there are no scheduled meetings for me this week, so I have a decent chance of getting completely caught up.

1 comment:

Tan said...

Put the extra almonds in the freezer.