About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, January 07, 2017

What we did today.

I got to the mechanic's bright and early for an oil change. They lubricated the doors, hoping that that might be enough to keep the trouble light and ding-ding-ding from happening. If it doesn't, I have estimates for two ways to fix the problem: replacing a switch ($200) or replacing the entire door-ajar cluster (a bit less than $400). Plus their best guess at replacing lights in the dashboard ($160?). All of which I will take care of before we dash to Tennessee at spring break to bring back the rest of Middlest's stuff.

Knit happened while I got the oil changed on the Tardis. About half of the cuff on the second mitt for Middlest, to be exact. There may or may not be will be no more knitting before I call it a night.

Update on the Tardis: that lubrication worked for the drive home from the mechanic's. And seems to be reducing the frequency of the beeping and trouble light, while not entirely eliminating it.

Got the quilt blocks done and picked up our new blocks. Best surprise? Running into a stepson and his family at Costco. Major hugs, a good if short visit, more hugs, and a peck on the side of the head from him as we split to finish our shopping. I got to play peekaboo with the almost-two-year-old granddaughter, and the grandson was friendly in that disinterested way that almost-four-year-olds have.

The fridge and pantry are full, almost to bursting.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep. I've been sleeping better and longer since putting the flannel sheets on the bed. The flannel clings to the cotton thermal blanket above it, and not once have I had to reach over in the middle of the night and pull up half of the duvet from the floor. With the regular cotton sheets, it was at least an every-other-night experience.

A side benefit is that my joints are less achy, even with the colder weather. I feel remarkably well, even though the past week had more than the usual share of frustrations.

This is the part where I bag up the muffins and stick them in the fridge, take my meds, and go to bed.

No comments: