About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Missed it by *that* much.

Text message from new pharmacy during the day: Rx's are ready. So I told myself, while on the way to this Knit Night for the first time in over a month, I'll leave at 7:30 and be home in plenty of time to pick up my meds and still get to bed before 10:00.

Not!

The conversation was just so interesting that I forgot to check my phone until it was 8:11, and even though I was able to drive 70 almost without interruption to my exit, I needed another five to ten minutes to get to the pharmacy without being that twit who shows up at closing time. I'll get my meds after work tomorrow. The only one I'm out of is my anti-cholesterol medicine, which I don't want to take anyway, and a second missed dose should not affect me much more (if any) than last night's missed dose.

While knitting, I got all of the ends woven in and the finger joins tidied on Middlest's braided cable mitt. I also picked up stitches for the thumb and am nearly done with it. Maybe I will get it finished tomorrow.

I am severely done with this day. Middlest is getting mixed messages from the college about financial aid, and I am at a loss for how to help. My kid is too ill to leave the house, doesn't have a phone to make calls from, and while I am not frustrated with my kid, I am frustrated for my kid, so I am going to go to my room and stick my head in my Book of Mormon and count blessings until I get my attitude adjusted.

No comments: