About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, January 06, 2017

I should be sewing quilt blocks.

Instead, I have sent the music for Sunday to various people on that distribution list. Last week threw me for a loop. I did not learn until late Saturday night that Fast Sunday was being postponed a week, so I did not plan for an intermediate hymn. But tonight I only had to come up with the opening and closing hymns, because I had already chosen the sacrament hymn.

It has been colder than a bill collector's heart today. We even got a bit of snow this afternoon. Not enough to stick. Just enough to fill my coworkers and me with delight and send most of them home early because of traffic and road conditions. I worked until 5:00 and noodled about after logging off until about 5:30. The roads weren't bad on my usual route, and people were driving sensibly. I have no idea why everything came to a standstill just south of Royal Lane, but it probably took me 20 minutes to get from Church Street (halfway between Walnut Hill and Royal Lane) to my turn. Maybe more.

Middlest messaged me around lunchtime that the power had gone out for the better part of an hour, and did the furnace breaker need to be turned off and back on again? My kid took care of that for me and also switched out the furnace filter.

I entertained myself on the drive home by inventing a recipe that I may very well try out this weekend. I'll let you know if it is successful.

The house is starting to cool off for the night, and I've nuked a mug of milk. There's a decent chance that I'll be in bed in half an hour and asleep five minutes after that.

First priority for tomorrow is to get the Tardis fixed. Anything else is gravy; i.e., we may be paying for our quilt blocks this month.

Night, y'all. I'm outta here.

No comments: