About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Smoother day than yesterday.

I felt as if I had accomplished a reasonable amount of work today. My energy level stayed fairly constant, I was clear-headed, and I got all the way through my guys' mail and most of the way through the other attorney's. I know what needs to be done tomorrow, and my desk is looking tidier. Working with SemperFi has rubbed off on me. I will never have a pristine desk, but I'm happiest when it's not a hodgepodge of this and that.

Picked up my prescriptions tonight. Had to make a return trip after opening the bag, because they didn't know to put a non-childproof lid on the containers. I smiled nicely at the tech and told them that not only was it non-childproof, it was non-Ravelled-proof, and she smiled nicely right back at me and fixed things, then noted my file. I think I'm going to like these people, once I get used to driving a little farther to pick up my meds.

My 2017 spreadsheet is updated with Middlest's stuff and mine for this week, and I just finished uploading all of the receipts for reimbursement.

I picked up all sorts of frozen veggies at the store, because I wanted some of the pre-chopped peppers and onions to mince and throw into my meatloaf muffins, which I just took out of the oven. I got a bag of stuff I can no longer eat, for Middlest's pleasure, and things to make meals for us over the next week or so. Including a squeeze bottle of cream of coconut so that I can make that coconut rice chicken recipe I got from Real Simple several years ago.

Middlest did two loads of laundry today, notwithstanding feeling wibbly. I certainly didn't expect that, since I could have done it on Saturday but chose to read instead. I think I have just enough oomph to finish the ribbing on the thumb of that mitt before calling it a night. Dishwasher is whispering out in the kitchen. House smells heavenly. After half a bowl of soup that Squishy sent home with my kid, and a serving of "Veggie Tots" (a theoretically healthy substitute for tater tots), I am still vaguely peckish.

No comments: