About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Much to-ing. Also fro-ing. And the odd miracle or two.

Three round trips to the college. One round trip to Middlest's doctor. One round trip to the pharmacy. Picked up Fourthborn for Knit Night. Grabbed burgers. Nearly finished the stealth project. Reasonably sure that it won't get finished tonight. Took Firstborn's and the eldest grands' Christmas presents to Firstborn. Got ice cream. Took Fourthborn home. Drove us home. It was a good day. I am beyond tired. Going to take my meds and hit the sack.

Tan, yes, massage would help. It is currently not in the budget, timewise or financially. My favorite massage therapist lives in NY, and I don't know anyone else of her caliber, and I just don't have the spoons to make the effort to find a new one.

I drove pretty close to 200 miles today, only the trip home using cruise control. I'm not sure that I have enough energy to peel my socks off.

We are three weeks into 2017, and with the expenses I submitted today, we are almost 10% into what I allotted for medical expense reimbursement for the year. If I'd allotted for this year what I allotted for last year, another month and we'd blow through all of it. And yet we have enough to eat, and a roof over our heads, and gas in the Tardis. On paper it doesn't work at all. On paper it is downright scary. And yet, against all logic and common sense, it works, and we are fine.

Just incredibly tired after a long and productive day. This is the part where I do my impression of a sensible adult, go to bed with or without socks (I'm not kidding), and go back to work tomorrow.


No comments: