About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

In which I church x2 and nap.

The program this morning was amazing. Nine RS sisters (or possibly eight, and one YW) came up from Houston to my old stake to put on a musical program aimed to lift our collective spirits and get us to stop being so hard on ourselves. One of the songs was "Everybody Says Don't" ~ the song I used for my lip-synch piece in mime class when I was in the first semester of my interpreting program. My friend Sherry was the one who suggested it, and she loaned me the cassette tape so I could learn the words and work out my moves. When the song gets to the part, "laugh-at-the-king" I stood up and pointed at the director of our program, and the room exploded, as did my facade of being a quiet little church mouse.



Good times.

We had baked potatoes and salad and cheesecake for lunch. I picked up Fourthborn, we picked up some screws and wall anchors, she helped Middlest hang two shelves while I took a nap, I baked mini-pizzas for all, then played online collecting ideas to run through the cross stitch design software to generate rugs for the dolls at some future date, I looked at the time on my computer, changed back out of my pajamas, and dashed to the stake center for a devotional led by Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

Tanked the Tardis so I could take Fourthborn home tomorrow, bought her a pint of ice cream and a bag of nacho cheese chips for Middlest and a bag of Cadbury dark chocolate mini eggs for an Easter photo shoot with the dolls that may take place anytime between next Saturday and the Fourth of July.

Over and out.


No comments: