About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, February 03, 2017

Taxing my patience.

 (The government, not my kid.) I got most of the way through my tax return for 2016 this evening, but I won't be able to complete it until Middlest can give me an exemption number regarding healthcare. I'm getting a $10 discount on TurboTax through my mortgage holder.

Update: Middlest is used to wrangling with the government re: the exemption number and was able to walk me through it and get all of the boxes checked, so we don't need an actual number. I've filed my return, and I'm getting a refund, and all the fiddly bits of record management and spreadsheets is now officially worth it.

Am nearly done with the gusset decreases on the Frankensock and will curl up with that shortly. We had pizza for dinner in celebration of the fact that today was my best day at work in weeks. Each day this week has been reasonably good, at minimum, but today I touched all the aspects of my job and am officially caught up.

I'm going to celebrate by window-shopping IKEA's website and getting the measurements for their dollhouse, prior to a field trip tomorrow. I've been decorating it in my head on the drive home for the past two or three days.

And then I'm going to knit.

No comments: