About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

What I did today.

Slept in until 7:00. Researched doll shoes at Mint on Card, an online shop specializing in items for ball jointed dolls.

Stocked up at Costco. From there to Daiso, where I picked up a little something for Middlest's dolls, Fourthborn's dolls, and my own. No pictures until I've given Fourthborn hers.

Middlest helped me unload the Tardis, then we baked the Trader Joe "Tomato Tiropita Triangles" and ate a couple, so we wouldn't faint from hunger before the ward chili cookoff.

I made two batches of corn muffins, we went to the ward activity, I managed to eat sensibly, and we came home.

I'm nearly done with the gusset decreases on the Frankensock, and I'll probably finish the sock during church tomorrow, or shortly thereafter.

I loaded the dishwasher and ran it, then hopped into the shower for a good long sluice. I've spent the past hour or so combing and de-tangling my hair. It's nearly to my waist in back, and takes awhile, especially if I do what I've done since last Saturday, which is: wash it, towel it dry, comb it about halfway down, twist it, coil it into a knot, and pin it in place.

Tomorrow I can wear it down, or held back with a headband, or barrettes, or whatever. It just feels good to have clean, silky-smooth hair, and I am officially done with this day.

Except to add: Denver Doll charged the last installment on my Pukifee Poppy Zoe (the one with the mandolin), and it's on shipping. Tracking says it should be delivered on Monday.

I would squee, except that Middlest is attempting to sleep off a migraine.

Oh, something else. I went into my studio, where I have the box with the spare doll shoes, eraser food, etc., and brought out a pair of "leather" sneakers for Honor. Same shoes that Steadfast is wearing, but white with pink stripes instead of black with red.

OK, I really am done now. The muscle relaxer has kicked in, and I'm thinking it's going to be a good night.

No comments: