About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Not much to see here.

I've worked the doll sweater body to the point where I need to attach the sleeves and work the raglan decreases. I cast on the first sleeve at Knit Night, and while I haven't tried it on the doll, I think it's long enough to join the sweater body. I will, of course, try the sleeve on the doll first.

In food news, Fourthborn and I went to Panera again for dinner and to knit. I had had their mac and cheese a few months ago and was not particularly impressed. Tonight I had it with their creamy tomato soup, and the combination was incredibly delicious.

There was a huge traffic stall on eastbound 30 as traffic funneled down to a single lane through a construction zone at 360. It was too dark to knit while the Tardis was stopped, so I made do with classical music on the radio while my phone charged.

I am now home, medicated, and about ready to hit the sack. The phone is plugged in for the last bit of charging. I've downloaded my mortgage statement and begun the end-of-month update of my financial spreadsheet. My mortgage is less than $40K. Boggles the imagination.

Middlest is quietly sawing logs in the middle bedroom. I hope to be doing the same in 15-20 minutes.

No comments: