About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Long day. Short post.

Second day in a row where my day ran as smoothly as I'm used to. I even got 99% done with a special project. It felt so good.

Safe travel to pick up Fourthborn for Knit Night. One of the members said that a certain chain was having their soft opening today, grand opening tomorrow, and did we want to meet there? It was "just across the street" from where we usually meet. Well, yes, if by "across the street" you mean kitty-corner across the interstate. We got found it, walked in, and were greeted with, "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but we're closed." The taco restaurant next door had also fed people for lunch, but they were having a friends and family event for their staff and will have their own grand opening tomorrow.

So I posted that Fourthborn and I were going to grab Bueno and head to Barnes & Noble. She browsed the books and toys. I knitted like the wind, Daniel-san, and am about halfway up the cuff of the second Frankensock. On our way in, I saw Tom Brokaw's book on the discount table; it's about his cancer diagnosis. And it was marked down to $6.98. As you might imagine, I bought a copy.

When I got home, Middlest was sound asleep, so I read my scriptures, and then I read 41 pages of Brokaw's book. He writes beautifully. I may have to check out his other books.

If I hurry, I can be in bed by 11:00. Night, y'all.

No comments: