About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, February 24, 2017

It followed me home.


And I'm keeping it. Water bottle for scale. Faith sitting in her MCM chair, with a giraffe-patterned ball in her lap, and another thingie photo-bombing in the bottom right corner. The doors on the breakfront or buffet or whatever have bits that slide out on the bottom so one may slip in photos back-to-back. I haven't decided what's going in there, yet. If I were to open the doors, you would see a corkboard along the back wall of the piece. Not sure what I'm going to do with that. Maybe a series of necklaces pinned on with silk pins or sequin pins if they still make those. (I remember all sorts of fake fruit from the late 50's and early 60's created with styrofoam balls and sequins held on by straight pins. It was considered chic at the time, at least by the craft magazines.) Maybe I'll weave über-skinny strips of ribbon across it to make a memory board and tuck in fake letters, invitations, and the like.

Something, anyway. It hasn't told me what it wants to be. It just wanted to come home with me.

I've made more progress on The Albatross today. Two circles worked before I left the house this morning, and another four since I came home. My middle finger left hand is a bit sore from being on the receiving end of the needle tip, and my hands are crepey and drying out because I had pizza for dinner. I've made a real effort to drink enough water today, but my body is whining what have you done for me lately? So I gave it a cup of milk and some ginger cookies.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some minor maintenance work done on the Tardis in preparation for the sprint back to Tennessee to bring back the last of Middlest's stuff. And I have luncheon with the widows and widowers group.

Good news on the job front. I got my end of year performance review for 2016, I know what my bonus will be, and I know the percentage range of my salary increase. I'll find out the exact details about a week before it all hits my paycheck. There were three suggestions for improvement, two of which I was already aware of, and the third a somewhat pleasant surprise: that TheKid wished he had as close a relationship with me as he does with the other two members of our team. I feel the same. My office manager had suggestions, and I've begun to implement them.

I'm going to take my evening meds and drool over doll shoes and see if I can find a miniature dollhouse on eBay or Etsy. And then I'm going to bed.

No comments: