About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Knit Night

Remember how we tried to meet at Panera last week, only they weren't officially open? Well, this week we decided to try again, and then most everyone started backing out for one reason or another (date night with the spouse, work emergencies, etc.). So Fourthborn and I went, and one other member was waiting for us when we got there, and we had a great visit. Good food, a much quieter venue than Starbucks, and better light to knit once dinner was down the hatch. I would not be heartbroken if we met there every week, although it would be harder on my budget. Tonight was an "eat whatever you want" night, courtesy of my tax refund.

So I'm about halfway done with the crown increases on the doll hat, and I think I may frog them back (for the second time) and try something a little different. I love knitting with this mystery superwash wool. And it frogs extremely well.

At work? I have never been so thankful to get a past-due answer assigned to our team. It kept me happily occupied for a couple of hours, and I'll get the rest of the documents (client letters, discovery to Plaintiff's counsel) to SemperFi pretty much first thing in the morning. We have our monthly support staff meeting tomorrow, so that will eat up a good two hours. There are more new suits coming down the pipeline, and one of our attorneys is leaving for another opportunity at the end of this week, which means that her cases will get redistributed throughout the office.

Driving alertness tip: baby carrots. Healthy, filling, noisy, and inexpensive.

I'm going to eat about six bites of ice cream and call it a night.

No comments: