About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

It's a lot easier to keep them alphabetized when they're lying on their side.

Middlest said that that deserved a post of its own. We were discussing my impulse to vacuum the living room, and how it was not a sign of mania on my part because the rest of the constellation of symptoms was conspicuously absent.

I quipped, "Yeah, I feel no compulsion to alphabetize the spices, because I did that the last time I was on steroids. It's a lot easier to keep them alphabetized when they're lying on their side." And it is. The bottles are all square-rounds, and they stay put, unlike the constant shuffle among the items which are still in what used to be the spice cupboard before I moved the spices away from the stove.

In other news, I've had my well-woman, gotten a prescription for Robaxin (stronger than the muscle relaxer I've been using, half the price, and does not interact with my anxiety med), sold three bags of books at Half Price Books, for which I got the grand sum of $10.00, and a coupon for 10% off, so the boxed volume of the complete novels of Carson McCullers cost me about $2.50 including sales tax. I began reading while at my belated breakfast, after my blood work was done.

My teeth are clean and happy, and I have no cavities. Same for Fourthborn. I was able to re-book Middlest's appointment for next Monday afternoon. And I've booked our February 2018 appointments.

I've done no knitting, because I took the alternate project and left the doll sweater on my bed and didn't realize it until I had a little spare time and was Not In The Mood to work on the alternate project.

Middlest bought a pair of sneakers and a new pair of insoles, because her favorite flip flops are about to give up the ghost.

We celebrated our clean teeth and ravishing smiles at Cheesecake Factory, and I brought a slice home for Middlest, who is sawing logs in the middle bedroom. (When did Cheesecake Factory start listing the calorie counts on their menus? So inappropriate!)

After dropping Fourthborn off at her apartment, I took the three bags of clothing, etc., and dropped them off at my favorite thrift store in Arlington.

I'm in something of a food coma at the moment, but I'm determined not to repeat last night's mistake of lying down without setting the alarm and waking up three hours past the time to take my meds. I think I will go into the studio and at least cut out the pieces for the quilt blocks, in order to keep moving. If I'm really lucky, I will get them sewn before falling asleep, and if not, I'll be prepared to sew them up tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Rory said...

*Fourthborn got new shoes. Middlest was at school.