About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Theoretically, I'm quilting.

In reality, I just finished transferring documents from the "doll" sub-folder in the "documents - old computer" folder into the newer "doll" folder on my C drive and my external. Then creating a new spreadsheet for my MSD dolls, populated with the dimensions of my next doll that I cut and pasted into an email and sent to myself at home during a brief lull at work.

I'm not at all sure that that last sentence makes any sense, but it does so in my head. Basically, I want to compare the measurements of Honor and the twins with the Withdoll Nana that I'm going to buy next. Here are two different faceups so you can see how different you can make the basic sculpt. This is the one I fell in love with. This is another version, or actually two if you scroll all the way down. I want my girl to have freckles and a more natural face. I want her to look like a somewhat serious little girl, not a junior geisha. Those were limited edition fullsets (doll + wig + eyes + faceup + ensemble), for which one pays a premium.

What I want is to have a green tunic/sweater knitted up and ready for her when she gets here, probably sometime this fall. And glasses. And a nice stack of books her size. And an easy chair for her to curl up in, because I don't think that the others would willingly relinquish the love seat so that she could sprawl out on it with a novel and a bowl of apples, a la Jo Marsh.

But first I have to finish working on that quilt. I put in about 15 minutes this morning before getting ready for work. And I think I can manage another 15 minutes before bedtime, without staying up stupidly late. Once I get some momentum built up, I should make progress fairly quickly.

No comments: