About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

A bit of sewing today.

I got all of the block components put together some before church and the rest of them before and after my nap.

All that remains is to sew the components together and pop both blocks back into the bags the kits came in. The finished blocks will be a bit more colorful than this; the light in my studio leaves something to be desired. (As does the organization of my tabletop.)

Then, since there will be no last-minute rush to assemble the June blocks in time to pick up the July blocks, I will be free to work on other projects. I'm designing a doll skirt in my head. There may be some Seminole piecing. We shall see. I am contemplating the purchase of a basic serger sometime after I finish the quilt and Avery's sweater. I would have time to take a bonehead beginner's class. I inherited Mom's serger when she passed, but I gave it to Fourthborn, and I wouldn't dream of taking it back.

It's been an uneventful Sunday. I went home after sacrament meeting, because my back was twitching slightly, and my arms kept tingling and trying to go to sleep while I sat on the stand between gettng up to conduct the hymns. I figured it was my body's way of telling me that I should come home and go back to bed, so I did.

I have zero desire to work on the quilt blocks any more tonight, so I think I will go work on Avery's sweater for a bit, read a little more, and call it a day. I'm hoping that my Robaxin gets filled while I'm at work tomorrow and that I can resume taking it tomorrow night. I've done hardly anything today, and there's a little buzz under my left shoulder blade, and I want it to go away.


No comments: