About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Two day old bruise.

Remember how on Tuesday I said this? I also nearly dropped a half-full jar of mango marmalade while making my PBJ for dinner tonight, and in the effort to keep hold of the jar, I torqued my neck and back. I also smacked my wrist with the jar. I only noticed the bruise today. I don't know if that means it's already starting to fade, as witnessed by the lovely green orbiting the center, or if it's waxing Technicolor on me.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to take a picture one-handed? (Yeah, you probably do.)

In other news, I paid the last bit on doll #17. I've had all the money sitting in my primary account, but I couldn't remember if there is a daily limit on PayPal, and I was always so tired when I made the payments that I didn't have any desire to find out for sure. At any rate, he's paid for and should be here in approximately three months, weather permitting. Monsoon + resin = lousy batch. I have no idea when monsoon season is in Korea. And it's not like I don't have plenty of resin kids to play with until Valor gets here.

In knitting news, I've finished the heel flap on the second green baby sock. I've also made a design decision on the sleeves of Avery's sweater. I'm going to reverse the Fair Isle pattern until I get to the armscye and figure it out from there.

I've been to Knit Night 2.0, Costco, Half Price Books, Kroger, all since leaving work at 5:00. I am more than ready for meds and a light snack, meditation, prayers, and sleep. Later, gators.

No comments: