About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, June 19, 2017

A seriously weird day.

So, SemperFi is out of the country until Thursday. When I got to work today, there was an email from TheKid saying he was taking two days of PTO. I sent out several pieces of mail he'd signed over the weekend. I worked Saturday's mail. I worked my inbox. I worked their calendars. I worked my ToDo's. I asked the IT guru if she had anything I could help with. And then I sent out my usual "will type for food" email to the other secretaries. The office manager replied with a task that required maybe 45 minutes. I ate my lunch. And then I posted a copy of this sign on either side of my cubicle.


After which I pulled out my phone and finished reading the book on anxiety with a clear conscience. Our office is remarkably free from busybodies, but in case somebody came by and saw me not-working, they couldn't miss my signs.

After work I hit Costco for gas and a few groceries. I've been hanging out with my kids here in the living room, and I need to make a dash to Braum's for milk, buttermilk, and orange juice.

Thankfully, even if there's nothing much to do at work tomorrow, it's a short day for me. I'm leaving at 3:30 to scoop up Fourthborn, my CPAP, and an overnight bag. We have important stuff to do in Arlington and Fort Worth on Wednesday, so I'm taking Fourthborn home after Knit Night, and I'm crashing at Firstborn's.

Living la vida loca, that's me.

No comments: