About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Curating

Last night I sent an email with that picture of Celeste in her new chair with the harp, to the artisan who created the chair. She replied, "Thanks [for letting me know the package arrived safely and] for the photo. Wow. The harp is wonderful and the gorgeous dress is perfect with the chair. Excellent curating. Thanks for letting me be a part of it."

I read that at lunchtime, so of course I had to google "curating" and this is what I got. I'd never thought of what I do in such glamorous terms. If I label it at all, it's more like "accessorizing" ~ and it's a gift from Heaven that I've worked on over the years. It's why I prefer separates to dresses or suits. I can put the bits together every which way. Different scarf. Different earrings. Different something to keep my hair out of my eyes. Does this go with that? Woohoo, it does!

I'd like to be in bed by 11:00, so I'm going to curate myself down the hall and finish clearing off the bed.

No comments: