About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

The June quilt blocks are done.

And pressed, and folded, and inserted into their Ziploc bags until the first Saturday in July.

I then went into my stash and pulled out all of my green Thimbleberries scraps and remnants. They are piled on the flat extension of my sewing machine, looking forlorn and a little confused as to why they are seeing the light of day after a dozen or so years in purdah. In another shoebox were three bags containing 100 four-inch squares each, dating back to 2000. I pulled all of the plausible greens out of them, and they are soaking in the bathroom sink. I'll go in after I post this, wring them out one by one, and hang them to dry overnight. Tomorrow night or Friday night I'll pull all of the greens out of the eight discounted kits that I bought last Saturday and preshrink them. And then I think I can start piecing a skirt together.

I was stuck in traffic for quite awhile after work tonight, so there are several more rounds on the second green baby sock. I'm going to add another pattern band to Avery's sleeve before calling it a night.

I added another Pandora station tonight, starting with Piano Guys, adding Helen Jane Long, Dallas String Quartet, 2 Cellos, and thumbing-up anyone else who sounded as if they belonged to this bunch.

Dinner was small and simple: a bowl of Fage, mango salsa, and rinsed black beans, scooped up with relatively low-sodium tortilla chips. This makes up for the gourmet grilled cheese sandwich I enjoyed for lunch: two kinds of cheese on sourdough bread, grilled onions, avocado, bacon, tomato, and apricot mayonnaise. I asked her how she made that, so I could try it at home. I'm thinking it would be heavenly (and far less caloric) if mixed with Fage.

Later, gators. I want to knit, and I want to read, and I should have taken my meds 12 minutes ago and and and.

No comments: