About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Blocks. And not necessarily more blocks.

Fabric preshrunk and drying for the next blocks.

As I write, all of the pieces are cut out, and I've begun to sew the flying geese components. My shoulder blades started to tingle, so I pressed what I'd done, marked diagonal lines on the next series of squares, and turned off everything in my studio.

I figured it was my body telling me (A) the table has become too high to work comfortably ~ although I didn't have this problem when I was sewing into the wee hours this morning ~ or (B) I needed to stop crafting and get myself something to eat.

So what have I done instead? Posted pictures on the doll blog of the quilt block kits from last year's two series quilts that I picked up for $1.50 each because they'd been unclaimed and the shop wanted to make room for more stuff. Why the doll blog? Because they are going to become doll clothing and maybe some doll-scale accessories (or even a quilt).

But now my stomach is rumbling. I'd probably better get serious about sending down some fuel.

No comments: