About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Not much to see here.

Work went well. SemperFi took me to lunch today to celebrate 18 years with the company. My friend C came along because we like her, and because we are both careful to avoid the appearance of evil. I told him I wanted a big salad at the Rodeo Bar and Grill, a restaurant owned by Walt Garrison, a famous rodeo cowboy and former Dallas Cowboy, set in a corner of the Adolphus Hotel in downtown Dallas. It's a few blocks from my office, just at the edge of my comfort zone for walking. I had a Southwest salad, substituting ranch for a cumin dressing because cumin, ugh! and managed to eat about three-fourths of it in the restaurant and the rest of it at my desk while getting the mail out for SemperFi and TheKid.

After work I drove through drizzle and surprisingly thoughtful traffic to Costco and then to Braum's and the pharmacy. I have a refill of my Robaxin, and in 16 minutes I will take it. With any luck I'll be asleep well before 11:00. Tomorrow's going to be a long day: PT for me, monthly checkup for Middlest, trek to the pharmacy in Wylie for a refill of Middlest's Ritalin, drop Middlest at home or at Squishy's, and go to work to play grownup all day.

Plus, tomorrow is Tuesday, and Tuesday is Knit Night, and I haven't been for a couple of weeks, and I miss my friends.

The kids were wonderful and schlepped all of the recycling out to the bin while I was at work today.

No comments: