About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Crafting today.

I made a floor cushion for Blessing and a sign which reads Do not feed the Alchemist!

I've also woven in all those straggly ends on Avery's sweater sleeve and added maybe an inch to the length. It feels good to making progress again.

In order to rearrange the top of the dresser where Blessing hangs out, I removed my radio alarm, the white noise machine, the electric pencil sharpener, and a couple of wooden boxes. After dusting the dresser, I added another placemat as area rug, seated Blessing on her pillow, and found a place for the clipboard with the sign and a new spot for her breakfast tray. While shuffling things around to be able to get at the wall outlet, I discovered a bag of books from a few months ago, when I was collecting miniature books for the alchemist's bookcase, as well as two books on how to use a serger.

No, I haven't bought a serger to replace the one I inherited from Mom which I gave to Fourthborn. Yet. But it's on my radar.

This has been a lovely Sabbath. I had enough spoons to attend all three hours of church. I had enough spoons to be engaged in the lessons and the sacrament meeting talks. I've had enough spoons throughout the day that I've been able to avoid a sleep-wrecking nap.

I need to go back into my room and finish putting away all the stuff that got shuffled around, because most of it is on my bed, specifically in the part where I do my PT and catch my Z's. That's kinda important.

No comments: