Why? That was the new guy’s cancer count yesterday, down from 234 in June, 339 in July, and 888[!] in August. Not where it needs to be, yet (approximately 3.8), but definitely moving in the right direction.
Took me forever to settle down and go to sleep last night, but on the other hand, I had no difficulty staying awake during the temple session.
In considerably less important news, I am torn. The corporation’s online Christmas catalogue has come out. Instead of the usual two or three things I would like, this year there are nine. Here they are in alphabetical order:
1. A black-framed still from “Mulan” (mostly red, and thoroughly gorgeous)
2. Cook & Serve Pan - Stainless Steel
3. Immersion Blender
4. Nonstick Five-Quart Chili Pot
5. Speaker System for iPod/iPhone (brand I’ve never heard of)
6. Square[?] Griddle (11x16; I’m guessing that extra 5 inches = handle?)
7. Steak Knife Set
8. Tackle Box (Ready to Fish)
9. Thermos Front Seat Organizer Cooler
Some of these things would be superfluous, should my living situation change. Some would be entirely unnecessary, unless it did. Thankfully, I have several weeks before I need to make a decision.
And in news that is between these two in importance, but somewhat closer to the top, tonight is the monthly dinner with Brother Sushi. Very much looking forward to that.
- Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!