About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

He leadeth me to buy distilled water.

Because my CPAP is unhappy when I don’t. I don’t know how long it took me to blow through that last gallon; it seemed faster than usual.

I was supposed to get a haircut and a facial, but the dear young friend who is my hair magician, is in her last trimester of pregnancy and texted me from the hospital. She gave me no details, but she’s in my thoughts and prayers, and if you wouldn’t mind? her name is Julianne.

So I took all my lights and darks to the laundromat, and all my lovely lightweight dressy T-shirts are on hangers suspended from various doorknobs, because I need to go in and rearrange my room (again), so I can get to the closet and hang them from the rod which is theoretically there for that purpose. The grammar fairy wishes me to let you know that the rods per se are not theoretical; merely their usage.

I really, truly, deeply, devotedly miss the walk-in closet from the penultimate apartment. It was at least five feet deep, and the length of the bedroom, and there were rods on three sides. I have three closets here: a coat closet in the hall, between the living room and my studio. The closet in my studio. And the closet in my bedroom. The coat closet is by far the largest. Apparently people ran around in the benudies a lot more, back in the 40’s?

After the laundromat, I ran to Sprouts for more of the really great crackers I picked up last Saturday, and some avocados, and another chunk of salmon, and a quart of goat kefir. Thence to Wally World for the aforementioned distilled water and a couple of other things. General Conference is this coming weekend, and I will be able to sit on the couch with my knitting and soak up all that inspiration and eat healthy stuff rather than bonbons. I have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. If I want something sweet, I will make lemon squares or oatmeal cookies.

Yeah, me. Baking.

This is [woohoo!] a temple night for me, and ordinarily I try to go to bed early the night before. I was up far too late last night, baking a fish and then a batch of corn muffins to use up the butter and olive oil mixture in which I dipped the salmon before wrapping it up in baking parchment.

And since I began this post in a tangentially religious fashion, I will close with one of my favorite hymns, in celebration of the fact that I now have functioning speakers on my computer. Some of you will recognize the melody; he [RVW] is one of my favorite composers.

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

My cousin David wrote a beautiful arrangement of that piece, changing the word to simply "heaven" so that a wider audience could appreciate the majesty of the thought and of the music that celebrates it.

One of my favorites, too.

Angeluna said...

Your title cracked me up!!