About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Good Cop Food, Bad Cop Food

Safe Food:
Almond, almond milk, basil, black bean, black pepper, brewers yeast, broccoli, coconut, coconut milk, corn, garbanzo bean, garlic, goat milk (yay!!!), grape, hazelnut (American, but how can they tell, eh?), lemon, lime, macadamia, mushroom, nutmeg, oat, onion, peach, peanut, pear, pecan, peppermint, pinto bean, pistachio, poppy seed, raisin, salmon [yeeeeehawwww!], sesame seed, soybean, soy milk, strawberry, tomato, whole wheat.

+ Enzyme = Safe Food:
Avocado, bakers yeast, banana, blue dye, brown rice, cane sugar, carrot, chicken, chocolate, cilantro, cocoa, corn sugar, cow’s milk albumin, decaf coffee (ick), gluten, green pepper, ham, hemp milk, honey, ketchup, lettuce, mayonnaise, orange, red pepper, rice milk, shrimp[so it was apparently only the Roquefort which sent me into anaphylactic shock the day after I married FirstHubby?], rosemary, sodium fluoride, spinach, sweet potato, white corn, white potato, white rice, yellow corn, yellow squash (ick), yogurt, zucchini (double ick).

Better Not:
Anise, apple, barley, beef, butter, cheddar cheese, cinnamon, Coca-Cola, coffee [duh!], cow’s milk, cow’s milk lactose, cow’s milk whey, egg, fish oil, gliadin[I had to look this up], mozzarella, olive oil, pineapple, pork, red dye, rye, salt, sunflower seed, tuna fish, turkey, vanilla, watermelon, yellow dye, yellow mustard (ick).

Not Only No:
Canola oil, cashew, corn syrup, cow’s milk casein, green bean, green pea (my favorite non-potato vegetable!), MSG

Goodbye, Ben! Goodbye, Jerry! What we had was really special. I’ll come looking for you when I get my resurrected body. In the meantime, I just might have 38 years of not-eating-shrimp to catch up on. My plan is to have one bite of shrimp with the new guy and one of his sons and a vial of consecrated oil standing by, and see how it goes.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled knitting. And eating. *sigh*

I am wondering if I should get screened for celiac disease. I looked up gliadin and discovered that one can be sensitive to gluten though not allergic to wheat, and then looked at the other grains that are related to wheat (rye, barley), and the fact that celiac disease causes inflammation; my massage therapist says there is inflammation somewhere in my body, which backs up what the testing last December said about my blood chemistry. I tried reading the whole article, and my brain quickly zoned out and demanded wool.

I’m seeing my massage therapist on Friday night. I’ll take my chart with me. [I printed off three copies and had them laminated last night: one for home, one for work, and one for in the car.] And based on what my body tells her, I might be giving my doctor a call. It’s time for my flu shot, anyway.

Whoa. Need to talk with the new guy about that and have him ask his oncologist about the best timing for my flu shot. Because I certainly don’t want to put any additional burdens on his immune system. [The new guy’s, not his oncologist’s. The English, she is such a funny language.]

How did life ever get so complicated?

No comments: