About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 05, 2011

What we did in Sharing Time yesterday

September 4, 2011

Dear Elder ~

Thank you for your willingness to serve. I hope the work is going well, and that you are loving the language and the people.

Here is where I would love to serve when I grow up.

(Sketch of la Tour d’Eiffel and l’Arc de Triomphe)

But first, I have to grow up. This is taking longer than I expected.

In the meantime, I am teaching Primary.

Your sister in Christ,
[Ms. Ravelled]

What did I do when I got home? Took a nap for a couple of hours, then got up and finished correlating blog posts with Ravelry projects. After which I headed to the couch with Lark’s birthday scarf and my iPod.

The new guy liked his birthday gift. Easiest birthday present ever: gift card to Bass Pro.

I did a little puttering as well. Not enough that I would consider it work, or breaking the Sabbath. A handful of things back where they belong, a bit of bookkeeping, a soupçon of shredding. Another fifteen minutes to half an hour at the same pace, would have the coffee table in a state to block my Summer Mystery Shawlette or the most recent stealth project, although it will take longer than that to deal with the somewhat tidy pile of paper at the near end of the table. Some of it needs to go into a notebook: printouts of knitting patterns. Some of it needs to be scanned and shredded: medical and financial stuff.

And then there are the items which are ready to be gift-wrapped: four of the five or six birthday gifts which will leave the house before the end of next month. I like wrapping presents. I think I will do that next, after breakfast.

It is deliciously cool here in my house. All three window units are momentarily off. They will all go back on sometime during the day, but for now I am savoring both the cool, and the silence.

Have a great, and safe, Labor Day.

1 comment:

Tola said...

i HATE wrapping presents. i will mail my stuff to you so you can wrap it!

ps my captcha is "explede" is that "explode while cursing?"