About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

On little cat feet...

Visits: 47,591
Page views: 56,285

Pretty amazing, for five-plus years on a rather quiet blog. I suspect that the Yarn Harlot and Mason-Dixon Knitting get more hits in a day. I remember how excited I was to pass 1,000 visits, and when I hit 10,000 I thought I’d hung the moon.

Do you see what I see?



No, not the sunrise reflected in the window of that building. Little cat pawprints marching up my windshield. One of the neighborhood cats has adopted Lorelai’s roof as a safe place to snooze. We startled one another a couple of weeks ago, when I came home late from something. I was sitting there in the front seat, gathering up stuff and putting it into my bag. The cat leapt up on the hood and started walking up the windshield. Seeing me in the car, she froze, obviously thinking, What are you doing inside my car?

1 comment:

Tola said...

we came home from dinner last night to a cat begging for attention outside our door. i sent Mike in to get a leftover rib for it, but the dang thing took a swipe at me and now ive got a huge gash across my palm. i didnt give up my rib after that behaviour.