About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A non-stealth project, for a change.

I finally blocked the Summer Mystery Shawlette, which I began in May and finished in June.



Yes, that’s a big honking hole over there on the left side. I’m calling it a design feature. It’s red, it’s mine. And it wasn’t made by a moth. Here’s a close-up:



The Tonka trucks are back. There are cones and gridwork all along my street. There’s also a slot carved along the street that I think might become sidewalk when it grows up. Meanwhile, I am parked around the corner and walk across four yards to get to and from Lorelai. It was fun, in the dark, last night. It will be even more fun on Thursday night after the temple, when it’s later and darker.

I have a day blocked out next week to go fishing with the new guy. I also have a breakfast date with him in 25 minutes for coconut meringue pie and other things that will soon be culinary contraband. Time to grab my bags and start hiking.

Knit Night tonight, with two finished objects that are bagged up and ready to show off. I think this is going to be one terrific day!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Mhmm, coconut cream pie!