About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Insufficient “Caution”



It’s not as obvious in this picture as it is in real life, but the new ball is a markedly different gold than the stitches on the scarf. I do have two full balls of the new color, so there will be plenty for BittyBit’s scarf, and I am glad that I did not discover this last night, when I was at the fireside. It might have put a crimp in the evening.

As it was, I noticed first thing this morning, with about two yards of the first gold left to knit. And since many North Americans believe that Monday is pretty much of a loss (a theory to which I do not subscribe), I had about five seconds of oh dear before coming up with a blog post title and my camera.

@ Middlest: I have an unopened half gallon of almond milk in the fridge. I much prefer the Blue Diamond to the Silk. I also have two of those everlasting juice-pack quarts up in my cupboard as part of my year’s supply.

My friend Mickie gave me her old computer speakers last week. I hooked them up last night and am now YouTube-ing to beat the band, catching up on links that friends have sent me.

This is going to be another busy week, filled with activities (and people) I love and maybe an adventure or two. I’m leaving work early for an appointment with the chiropractor whom my massage therapist recommended, and then I have an appointment with her, after which, if I do not go tackle Mount Washmore, I will be in what an old roommate used to call the benudies (accent on the second syllable) tomorrow.

Mount Washmore has been bagged up in the back of Lorelai since mid-morning on Saturday, so there will not be the distraction of coming in after the massage for just a minute to grab things and ending up on the couch with my knitting and a podcast or three.

Speaking of Lorelai, the jaunt to the fireside last night just about emptied my gas tank, so I need to get off the computer and blow dry my hair and grab my lunch and scoot.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I should probably note that "Caution" is the color of the yarn.