About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Little did she know.

Yesterday I spent some time linking old blog posts with completed Ravelry projects. I had stopped at the end of 2009 because of technical issues with that function on Ravelry. I found the post where I met the new guy’s son. (I met Mel-Mel-Chan a month or two earlier, shortly after Blessing finally got here.)

Another amusing post, about an alleged match on the Churchboy Dating Service, with a guy who was allegedly a widower (and from whom I did not hear back). Paragraph three is the one you want. So much more impressed with the widower I am currently dating!

In which the new guy makes his first appearance.

That was pretty much my day. I read all the way through 2010 and added three or four completed projects to Ravelry, with photos from the blog, reconstructing the beginning and ending dates from my posts. I did not bother to add all the doll hats which I made, since they are inventory rather than gifts or items for personal use.

I took a break around 9:00 for a nice sluice in the shower, then ran to the store for the makings of three bean salad for tomorrow’s cookout. I did not speak to a living soul until 10:00p.m.

When I got home, I read through January’s and February’s posts, but there was essentially nothing to update, as it was all dolly knitting, all the time, at that point. After church today I will update from March to the present.

I did do some actual knitting, about six inches on Lark’s birthday scarf. It will be church knitting today, and when I get home.

It was interesting to read back through 2010 and the first two months of this year, to see the personal and spiritual growth, to contrast how I felt when I was dating NintendoMan with how I feel dating the new guy. With the exception of brief periods where his job schedule and his undiagnosed illness played hob with our seeing one another, it has just been such a wonderfully calm experience. It was interesting to read, back in February, after the second petri had been voted off the island, that he actually said it was time to get serious about the courtship/winnowing process. [So the increased focus I perceived beginning around Valentines Day was not just wishful thinking on my part. Most reassuring.]

I don’t know if the other remaining petri has been invited to the cookout tomorrow. I suppose I could go into the invitation on FB and see. I do know that as far as Mel and Squishy are concerned, I’m the one, and have been since before the new guy and I were introduced ~ they just couldn’t figure out a way to get us together.

So, grinning. Hugely.

And now I need to put my Primary bag together and make sure that my knitting goes into my purse. When church is over, I need to call BestFriend back and hammer out the details of our get-together tomorrow morning. I couldn’t have made a decision yesterday to save my life.

We will blame it on the wool fumes.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

So, I checked the invitation list. Nope! [Teehee!]