About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

And it came to pass(port)

We got Middest's passport photo taken yesterday. That was the one thing that absolutely needed doing, as far as I was concerned. And we did it. We'll take care of the paperwork after I get my Social Security check next month.

I did not quite finish the first sleeve on my sweater, but it's now the proper length, and the stitches are collected on a holding thread and cinched tight with the last of the ball of yarn inside. I've decided to finish off the cuffs and hem with beads, to counteract the tendency of stockinette fabric to curl upward at the top and bottom. In my stash there are beads of the perfect color; unfortunately, they are meant for laceweight yarn or tigertail or multiple strands of silk thread. So I will hit the bead store after my quarterly diabetes check later this week.

Meanwhile, I have begun the second sleeve, and if I follow my spreadsheet, I won't get lost and end up with mismatched sleeves. (Unless, of course, my gauge goes wonky.)

Best thing that happened at church today was one toddler's clear and enthusiastic "Amen!" at the end of the first sacrament prayer, followed by echoes from several other toddlers in rapid succession.

Less-good thing that happened was that I fought sleep all through the last half of sacrament meeting, notwithstanding my interest in the talks that were being given. I went home before Sunday School, texted my RS president to that effect, and was asleep shortly thereafter. My surgeon did warn me that the progesterone could make me drowsy. Several of my other medications could do the same, which is why I take those all at night. I might have mentioned here that I am feeling no pain, tension, or anything like unto it in my back. When I see my doctor next week, I'm going to ask if I can go off the muscle relaxer, and if so whether I need to taper off.

Time to go play with my knitting some more.

No comments: