About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, May 03, 2018

Where did those two weeks go?

Oh yeah. I was carefully tinking back eight to ten rows on my Cardi Cozy. I'm pleased to report that all mistakes have been fixed ~ including the two messed up cable crossings I discovered on Tuesday, which got taken care of at Knit Night ~ and I have finally reached the point where the sleeve sections are on holding threads, the underarm stitches have been added with a provisional cast-on, and I'm two rows into the body of the sweater.

Work has been OK-to-good. I was more or less caught up when I left the office last night after a day in which I constantly fought the urge to sleep. I awoke reluctantly this morning, got ready for work, got about halfway there and thought better of it. So I called in (but to the wrong number), came home, and went back to bed.

I'm bleeding again. Correction: I was bleeding again on Tuesday and yesterday, but it seems to have stopped. I don't know if this the cause of my lethargy or if it's something else. I'm devoutly hoping that the hysteroscopic surgery in two weeks will be a permanent fix, and that I will feel an immediate improvement in my overall health and energy.

I've missed you guys. I've had things that I wanted to say. Creative blog titles. Books I've wanted to read. Interminable meetings at work. A little more anxiety than usual. A body that wants to sleep and a brain that wants to play. Too many nights staying up until almost midnight when I need to get up at 6:00am.

Throughout it all I've felt my Savior's love as well as the normal range of human emotions. I want to get my life back on track (whatever that is) so that there's time for all of the important stuff. But for now I'm heading into the kitchen with the plates from our pizzas, running the dishwasher, and settling in on my bed with General Conference on my phone, and a sweater which is (maybe) the only part of my life that is back on track.

Later, gators. I'm really tired. (But not depressed. I remember depressed.) Prayers and positive thoughts most gratefully accepted.

No comments: