About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Day four - cue the Ventures!

As in, wipe(d) out!

I made it through all three hours of church today in good shape. That was the goal. While there, I finished the heel and got a few rounds done on the instep. Then I came home, threw a sandwich together, grabbed a bottle of water, and headed north for the senior recital of SemperFi's younger daughter.

It was lovely. We met in the sanctuary of their church, and there was a good turnout to support her. That girl has pipes! She hopes to perform on Broadway, and I would not be at all surprised if she succeeds.

One of the songs that she sang was from the musical "Waitress." It was about life and loss and compromise. I might have cried.



And then I came home and slept for five hours. I'm spotting more heavily this evening. But at least it doesn't hurt to swallow, and I can get into and out of bed with relative ease.

Tomorrow I get to go back to work. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those weeks where I do a lot of praying for strength. Guardian angels: gird yourselves!

No comments: