About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Tired but happy.

The "We're Related" app says that my friend Linda and I are possibly 7th cousins twice removed. Common ancestor back in 1668. Only problem is that back about 200 years' worth or so of generations,, there's some sloppy genealogy, and neither of us can find one of the links. Also, I find it hard to believe that one of the ancestresses, who was born in Maryland, wed in Maryland, and gave birth to several children in Maryland, made a quick hop overseas to have a daughter in England, then had several more children in Maryland. I look on that (as Dad would have said) with love and suspicion.

On the other hand, I spent half an hour or so linking records to a second-great-aunt, discovering her husband's name and the names of four children. Next time I jump back on Ancestry, I'll link records to him and see what pops up for their kids.

And I hope that Linda and I do find out that we're related. She's good people, and we've been friends almost 20 years. I'd be honored to claim her as kin.

I am thoroughly worn out by this snippet of obedience.Time to grab a snack and my knitting and a book.

No comments: