About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, May 07, 2018

The Cardi is still behaving.

I played a wild game of yarn chicken with the second ball of yarn. Finished a row on the body with about two yards to spare, then put those stitches on hold and prepared to start the first sleeve.

It's slow going at the moment, because I'm switching out circs about every other round, trying to find the best one for the job. What I need is a 16" circ. The 9" circs that I bought are too short at this point; the Addi Natura cable is too stiff; the 40" Chiaogoo is too short for Magic Loop with this many stitches; so I'm using a 60" HiyaHiya and hoping to pick up a 16" needle when I'm off for my pre-op visits on Wednesday.

Work went remarkably well today. I am feeling marginally caught up and only mildly frustrated with a couple of things over which I have no control and minimal influence.

I even managed to do two loads of laundry tonight, one of which is in the dryer, and the other is hanging to dry out in the garage because it was 92F when I got home tonight.

This is the part where I bring my spreadsheet up to date, take my evening meds, and call it a day.

No comments: