About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

My BP is normal again!

A lovely 102/65. I am elated. I take this as a measure of how stressed my body was, lugging around all of those polyps. I have also lost six pounds since my surgery. I'm guessing four of them were the various bits and pieces scooped out of my uterus.

I discussed going off the muscle relaxer with my doctor this morning, and she reassured me that I was safe to do so, and that I could do it without tapering off. So I didn't take it an hour ago with my other nighttime meds, and I'm hoping that that relieves the drowsiness. Because while I adore the taste of Cherry Coke and have missed it enormously, it is not in my best interest as a diabetic to consume it on anything like a frequent basis.

We also discussed my origami toenails, and she asked if I needed or wanted help wrangling them. She said it ought to come under the heading of diabetic footcare, and she's recommended a podiatrist. Maybe when I lose the "significant amount of weight over the next three to five years" which my surgeon strongly recommended, I will easily be able to reach my toes. And maybe when that happens I will regain sufficient flexibility in my hips that it is not painful to do so.

A girl can hope.

Did a lot of dovetailed errands today. Doctor's appointment. Picked up Fourthborn since I was in town and dropped her off to deal with some paperwork of her own. Went to La Madeleine and got a personal-sized quiche Florentine to break my fast. (That spinach counts as one serving of vegetables, right?). Picked up Fourthborn and took her home. Found the UPS Store and returned an electronic something for Middlest. Drove to the bead store and bought four colors of beads in two sizes for the hem and cuffs of this sweater. Came home and took Middlest to the doctor for some lab work and a quick consultation. Came home and slept for six hours.

I've now been up for approximately two hours, have eaten another three servings of vegetables and a spoonful of ice cream, and came out here to double-check my knitting chart. The dishwasher is humming. I am not, because Middlest is asleep. Going back to my room to knit until I'm sleepy again.

Tomorrow could be an interesting day at work, but I'm hoping that between the nap and one less medicine, I won't be fighting drowsiness all morning. Wish me luck!

No comments: