About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, May 28, 2018

Moral heroes.

I want to be one when I grow up. I found this article in the NYT (my last free article of the month), and because I've disabled my platform on Facebook, I can't share it there. So I'll share it here.

In knitting news, I'm about 4.5 inches along on the second sleeve. It goes a lot faster when you know what you're doing.

In family history news, I spent about 4.5 hours linking records, mostly on my Elliott line. I thought for a minute that I'd discovered my fourth great-grandfather, but the record was for a soldier who'd fought in the Civil War, and my third great-grandfather had been gone for two decades. So, nope. But I did discover that one of my third great-grandfather's sisters was a knitter, and her daughter was a weaver (census records).

I spent the rest of the evening finishing the third Magnus Chase novel, and now I am going to listen to my scriptures, brush my teeth, and go to bed. I have to work tomorrow. And I hope to have enough spoons to go to Knit Night afterward.

No comments: