About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

About as big as an emu’s egg.



A sock-and-a-third into this ball of yarn, that’s how much I have left. It will be interesting to see what’s left when the pair is done.

How many of you were surprised to find that I had an emu’s egg tucked away? [Raise your hands! Oh. Fewer than I thought.] I looked at the ball of yarn at lunchtime yesterday and thought, “That’s about the size of the emu egg my friend gave me for my birthday one year. I wonder if it’s still in the under-bed box where I last saw it.”

It was. There were three under-bed boxes; naturally enough, it was in the third one. In theory, it reads faith in Gaelic. It could very well read “green eggs and ham” for all I know. [At least we know where the green eggs would come from, right?] The carving has faded considerably over the years. When she first gave it to me, it was Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream green.

I popped Twelfth Night into the DVD player and stretched my legs out on the couch, to see how far I could get on the gusset increases before I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. [Five rows from here. I finished the increases this morning.]



I’ll leave you with you with a shot of the blocked Lace Ribbon Scarf.



It goes to Knit Night tonight, and into the mail tomorrow.

No comments: