About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

About as big as an emu’s egg.



A sock-and-a-third into this ball of yarn, that’s how much I have left. It will be interesting to see what’s left when the pair is done.

How many of you were surprised to find that I had an emu’s egg tucked away? [Raise your hands! Oh. Fewer than I thought.] I looked at the ball of yarn at lunchtime yesterday and thought, “That’s about the size of the emu egg my friend gave me for my birthday one year. I wonder if it’s still in the under-bed box where I last saw it.”

It was. There were three under-bed boxes; naturally enough, it was in the third one. In theory, it reads faith in Gaelic. It could very well read “green eggs and ham” for all I know. [At least we know where the green eggs would come from, right?] The carving has faded considerably over the years. When she first gave it to me, it was Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream green.

I popped Twelfth Night into the DVD player and stretched my legs out on the couch, to see how far I could get on the gusset increases before I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. [Five rows from here. I finished the increases this morning.]



I’ll leave you with you with a shot of the blocked Lace Ribbon Scarf.



It goes to Knit Night tonight, and into the mail tomorrow.

No comments: