About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh Where Is My Cuprit? Oh Where Is My Cuprit? Oh Where Oh Where Oh Where Oh Where Oh Wherrre? Is? My? Cuprit???

I don’t even *like* doughnuts.

But I certainly ate my share of them yesterday. Displacement eating. It seemed marginally healthier than standing on top of my desk [because I would have had to stand on the rolling chair to get up on top of my desk, and that just seemed like the Pillsbury Bake-Off Recipe of the Year for disaster] and announcing to the office that I was really, really tired of working and just wanted to go over to the Post Office in Arlington and demand to know where in the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks my Cuprit is.

[And I am *way* more patient than is my beloved Fourthborn. She was spazzing, too.]

In the last few minutes of work, I caught up on Mason-Dixon Knitting. I caught up with Crazy Aunt Purl. I perused Wendyknits’ current projects. I willed the clock to move faster. I ached to pick up my sewing. And then I drove to Arlington, where the Post Office in question has extended hours. I spoke with a clerk. She went into the back office and returned to tell me that her supervisor was making a call for me, armed with the tracking number. Truly lovely people in that office; they understand good customer service.

We still don’t know precisely where Cuprit is, other than not-on-her-way-back-to-Korea. I’m off through Monday. [Tomorrow and Friday will be spent with Secondborn’s tribe.] Fourthborn’s Fiancé is also off tomorrow. We’re smart people; we’ll figure it out.

And in the meantime I took Larxene home and hugged my kid (silver lining: I get to see her at least twice this week) and drove home by way of JoAnn’s, where they had a sale on Gütermann thread: buy two, get one free. I came home with another spool of silk, one of buttonhole twist that I think might be good for tatted necklaces, and the right shade of mossy green thread for hand-stitching the waistband on Cuprit’s skirt. All that remains is to sew on the snaps.

I’m thinking that eventually I want to make a lace-trimmed slip for under this skirt, to get the same effect that I do with my own grey tweed skirt. I did not find any nice quality narrow lace in the right shade of off-white. I might need to create my own. Thankfully, I have book after book of crochet patterns as well as knitting patterns and that dratted MIA tatting shuttle. I bet I can come up with something!

And now, I’m off to Secondborn’s to play with help with the Bitties!

No comments: