About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh Where Is My Cuprit? Oh Where Is My Cuprit? Oh Where Oh Where Oh Where Oh Where Oh Wherrre? Is? My? Cuprit???

I don’t even *like* doughnuts.

But I certainly ate my share of them yesterday. Displacement eating. It seemed marginally healthier than standing on top of my desk [because I would have had to stand on the rolling chair to get up on top of my desk, and that just seemed like the Pillsbury Bake-Off Recipe of the Year for disaster] and announcing to the office that I was really, really tired of working and just wanted to go over to the Post Office in Arlington and demand to know where in the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks my Cuprit is.

[And I am *way* more patient than is my beloved Fourthborn. She was spazzing, too.]

In the last few minutes of work, I caught up on Mason-Dixon Knitting. I caught up with Crazy Aunt Purl. I perused Wendyknits’ current projects. I willed the clock to move faster. I ached to pick up my sewing. And then I drove to Arlington, where the Post Office in question has extended hours. I spoke with a clerk. She went into the back office and returned to tell me that her supervisor was making a call for me, armed with the tracking number. Truly lovely people in that office; they understand good customer service.

We still don’t know precisely where Cuprit is, other than not-on-her-way-back-to-Korea. I’m off through Monday. [Tomorrow and Friday will be spent with Secondborn’s tribe.] Fourthborn’s Fiancé is also off tomorrow. We’re smart people; we’ll figure it out.

And in the meantime I took Larxene home and hugged my kid (silver lining: I get to see her at least twice this week) and drove home by way of JoAnn’s, where they had a sale on Gütermann thread: buy two, get one free. I came home with another spool of silk, one of buttonhole twist that I think might be good for tatted necklaces, and the right shade of mossy green thread for hand-stitching the waistband on Cuprit’s skirt. All that remains is to sew on the snaps.

I’m thinking that eventually I want to make a lace-trimmed slip for under this skirt, to get the same effect that I do with my own grey tweed skirt. I did not find any nice quality narrow lace in the right shade of off-white. I might need to create my own. Thankfully, I have book after book of crochet patterns as well as knitting patterns and that dratted MIA tatting shuttle. I bet I can come up with something!

And now, I’m off to Secondborn’s to play with help with the Bitties!

No comments: