About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

What’s on my plate today?

First, literally, there is breakfast with Trainman. He is picking me up in two and a half hours. [I just need to figure out how to do five hours’ housework between now and then.] I am going to try the Hot Brown at Chef Point Cafe.

I am hoping to pick up the clasps for the two necklaces I made last Saturday, while I am out and about.

I need to prepare my lesson for Relief Society tomorrow; it’s my turn to teach.

I may be going visiting teaching with one of the sisters in my ward. Her companion is recovering from surgery.

I would like to finish the Cuprit’s skirt; that may be a project for tomorrow after church. We are still waiting on our shipping notice, but I want to be prepared when she arrives. I also need to make her a pair of undies and a slip so she won’t be going commando under all the finery. One more reason to find my tatting shuttle: I would [eventually] like to make lace trim for her slip. I have three yards of turquoise silk broadcloth that I bought 20+ years ago to make a blouse, but haven’t. I would like to use that up. I think I will probably need to wait until she’s here to make a matching camisole to go under the sweater.

I frogged a plum tweed scarf I had begun months ago from Reynolds Whiskey, because the yarn is not soft enough to wear around my neck. It has relaxed a lot in the last 24 hours, but I think I’ll need to wait a few more days before I can think of knitting it up again into a pair of boot socks or couch socks. This house gets quite chilly in the winter.

My thoughts are bouncing around like drops of water on a hot skillet, and I just looked at the time.

I found links to metric graph paper online yesterday. I will print off a few pages and graph out the shaping for the back and fronts of Cuprit’s sweater. But first I need to knit a row or two, to calm down a little.

Secondborn posted recently that she has reached the “exploding ankles” phase of pregnancy. My grandson is due soon; Firstborn is keeping the kids for much of the weekend to give Secondborn her last chance to rest up for the next several months.

Could be an interesting weekend!

No comments: