About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Breakfast: the most important meal.

Nicolai was more than happy to watch my double-chocolate muffin while I got out my knitting.



The EMS clerk at the PO appears to be every bit as kind, capable, and concerned as Good Supervisor. He returned my call within two hours and said he had one more person to talk with, but wouldn’t be able to do so until late last night. He promised to call me early this morning. I am cautiously optimistic. Fourthborn has tackled the problem from the other end, notifying Soom that Cuprit has gone astray. They will initiate their own trace.

I had almost 70 emails in my inbox at work. Including a couple wondering why I hadn’t done something, and when was I going to do it? Thankfully, it is my week to get the early mail, so I missed a brief but needless [in my opinion] meeting.

And thankfully there was still plenty of time to knit.



The second sock is cast on, and I am ready to roll. I hope to have completed the cuff by the time I go to bed tonight. At any rate, the pair should be done in time for me to hand them off to Secondborn this weekend.

We are moving our presidency meeting to Sundays, so tonight is suspiciously free. I will knit, of course, and I also hope to press the ties I cannibalized over the weekend and attach the freezer paper pattern bits so I may start sewing another skirt for Cuprit [or possibly Jessica; I think the dusty roses and greys would tone well with Jessica’s wig, which is what we used to call Titian].

Later, gators!

No comments: