About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday’s Miscellania (Tuesday Edition)

This is a photo from Friday night’s mini-meet. Here we have Fourthborn’s Xavin sidling out of the photo on the left, and Nicolai, and MoMo, with the dress form holding Cuprit’s skirt, and the sweater folded up in its lap. Fourthborn dyed Xavin herself. A big pot of Rit, and dolly bits all strung up to dry. [It was a little unnerving to read that post!]


I probably should decoupage that dress form so it no longer looks like a brazen hussy of a headless doll.

Soom has posted the new monthly doll for October. He’s stunning, and I’m not the least bit tempted. [Which is what I prayed for.] If I am very, very lucky, I will not be Soom’ed again until next April, after I have plunked most of my bonus into my emergency fund and have $600+ in my doll account. It will also depend upon whether my Cuprit arrives safe, sound, and *soon*; turns out that they shipped her to the billing address and not the mailing address, so it was at least partially Soom’s fault after all. And also whether Fourthborn’s Bygg and Beyla, and my Beyla, arrive without complications. Fourthborn may have placed my one and only group order with Soom.

The visit to my wonderful dentist was uneventful. I came home and made a small bowl of mac and cheese, because (a) I was starving and (b) it required little chewing. And then I went to bed to sleep off the last of the local anesthetic. When I lay down and attempted to move that half of my face, I could feel three or four major muscles that had not been numbed, and a whole bunch of littler ones that were not playing along. Made me laugh. But maybe that was another effect of the anesthetic.

This queen gets her new crown in November (prep work) and December (setting). And then it’s back to cleanings every four months.

I have turned the heel on the third incarnation of the second grandson’s first sock. I would have finished it last night, but there was a spectacular storm, and the power went out about 8:00 and didn’t come back until 1:00 this morning. I expect to get lots of happy knitting done on the train this morning.

After my nap, I made another bowl of mac and cheese, also a big pitcher of blueberry smoothie (the frozen bananas that have been lurking in my freezer since Rip Van Winkle’s time, plus a third of a bag of frozen blueberries, and enough orange/pineapple juice to keep the motor from seizing up). Do I know how to live, or what?

It’s back to the salt mines today, but there is Knit Night tonight for sure, and who knows? maybe Cuprit will surprise us? I’m putting my dolly bag in the trunk, just in case; kinda like the little girl whose congregation prayed for rain, but she was the only one who took an umbrella to church.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Glad they didn't rip out all your teeth.