About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 28, 2009

The bag was gone when I woke up :)

Oops. Thought I posted this before leaving this morning.

I looked at the neighbor’s door when I pulled out for church yesterday. The garbage bag and my note were no longer hanging on the front door. [I did not have time to see if they had simply walked back over and put their bag into my trash bin. I looked this morning; nada.]

In the Little Ironies Department, when I came home from church, they were just parking in front of their duplex. As I walked around to the passenger side to grab my bags, I said hello and got a hello back, with a smile.

Lots of knitting at church. I ripped back most of the swatch from Saturday night; I wasn’t sure if this was going to be another sweater for Cuprit, or possibly for Jessica, or if it is meant to be a roomy haori jacket for Beyla. I think it will depend upon how much yarn is left when I finish the body. That will determine whether I knit side panels, and how long I make the sleeves.

At the moment I have a sweater back, and the right front, and stitches picked up along the front edge; I am now working the left front.

Work per se was good. We had a little excitement just before closing, and I’m not sure what was going on. Smoke coming out of the microwave. We called the building engineer, because there were no flames. It wasn’t the coffeepot, which is surprising. People let the pots boil down to nothing, at least once a month.

I have resigned as one of the PM dishwasher divas. One of the AM divas is stirring the pot, tattling, etc.; yea verily, the PITA factor mounteth up daily. In my email to the office manager, I told her that my children and grandchildren provide all the drama I need.

I tell you what: an English muffin pizza topped with spinach/artichoke dip and a bit of tomato sauce is the perfect antidote to an intermittently-toxic day.

I spoke with the EMS clerk’s supervisor today. As I suspected, his search of the other two PO’s last Friday turned up nothing. It is officially two weeks today since the allegedly failed allegedly notified alleged delivery; the supervisor gave me the number to place a claim, and I texted it to Fourthborn. She is also emailing the manufacturer in Korea to see if the PO sent the box back without authorization.

I checked eBay, Craigslist, and Amazon again today. Thankfully, Cuprit is not hanging out there. Oh well, at least I have my knitting to console me. And a white chocolate brownie in the fridge.

No comments: