About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Fooferah

Sarah at BlueGarter posted this teaser shot of a sweater she designed for her husband. It’s plum. It’s tweed. It’s cabled. I am smitten!

I’m driving in today, because I’m picking up Fourthborn when she gets off work and bringing her over here to Foat Wuth Ah Luv Yew. We are hosting a doll mini-meet at the Borders by Central Market. I think some of the people we met last Friday will be there, and possibly the ones I met at that first meet in the noisy venue.

I was going to surprise Fourthborn by handing back Nicolai, all measured within an inch of his life, but she reads the blog, so there goes the element of surprise. Though I am still a little surprised, even after having entered the numbers onto my spreadsheet next to Cuprit’s.

I woke about an hour ahead of the alarm, just this side of ravenous. Yay! for cheese puffs at 4:00am! I am now going to wash all that (pseudo?) cheesy goodness off my hands and work on the doll skirt while the tub fills.

That crazy storm a few nights ago, the one that knocked out my power, dragged a cool front through with it. I called time and temperature just before leaving the office, and it was 73°F out there. Tuesday night I turned off the window unit in my room. Wednesday night I turned off the one in the living room. I have the one in my studio still going, in case we have a spike of hot weather, but I went to sleep last night in my favorite flannel nightgown, just for grins. And this morning I turned down the ceiling fan here in the living room, to where it is just moseying around.

They say it’s going to be in the 90’s this weekend. I hope they are wrong. This is perfect weather: sweaters in the morning [though I haven’t] and shirt-sleeves in the afternoon. There may be one small, perfect caramel apple in my future.

Memo to self: (1) grab those three balls of leftover yarn and Middlest’s half of the cannibalized T-shirt; (2) put them in the mail today; (3) figure out the next knitting project, because the half-hour of knitting yesterday was nowhere near enough to ensure good mental health, even though the skirt is fun to work on; (4) we are working switchboard again today.

No comments: