About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Fooferah

Sarah at BlueGarter posted this teaser shot of a sweater she designed for her husband. It’s plum. It’s tweed. It’s cabled. I am smitten!

I’m driving in today, because I’m picking up Fourthborn when she gets off work and bringing her over here to Foat Wuth Ah Luv Yew. We are hosting a doll mini-meet at the Borders by Central Market. I think some of the people we met last Friday will be there, and possibly the ones I met at that first meet in the noisy venue.

I was going to surprise Fourthborn by handing back Nicolai, all measured within an inch of his life, but she reads the blog, so there goes the element of surprise. Though I am still a little surprised, even after having entered the numbers onto my spreadsheet next to Cuprit’s.

I woke about an hour ahead of the alarm, just this side of ravenous. Yay! for cheese puffs at 4:00am! I am now going to wash all that (pseudo?) cheesy goodness off my hands and work on the doll skirt while the tub fills.

That crazy storm a few nights ago, the one that knocked out my power, dragged a cool front through with it. I called time and temperature just before leaving the office, and it was 73°F out there. Tuesday night I turned off the window unit in my room. Wednesday night I turned off the one in the living room. I have the one in my studio still going, in case we have a spike of hot weather, but I went to sleep last night in my favorite flannel nightgown, just for grins. And this morning I turned down the ceiling fan here in the living room, to where it is just moseying around.

They say it’s going to be in the 90’s this weekend. I hope they are wrong. This is perfect weather: sweaters in the morning [though I haven’t] and shirt-sleeves in the afternoon. There may be one small, perfect caramel apple in my future.

Memo to self: (1) grab those three balls of leftover yarn and Middlest’s half of the cannibalized T-shirt; (2) put them in the mail today; (3) figure out the next knitting project, because the half-hour of knitting yesterday was nowhere near enough to ensure good mental health, even though the skirt is fun to work on; (4) we are working switchboard again today.

No comments: