About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, September 11, 2009

That’s two, two little sleeves, bwa ha ha ha ha!

Another productive day with sticks and string. [It looks rather like a startled rabbit at this point.]



Notwithstanding a major, minor distraction. BittyBit’s and BittyBubba’s brother arrived about the time I was logging onto my workstation. Secondborn called me as they were on their way home with the newest Bitty, shortly before lunch.

No, I do not have pictures yet. I had some RS stuff to do after work last night, and I had had a few rumblies in the tumblies mid-afternoon, so I called them and said I would see them once I knew I was not contagious.

He didn’t want to come on his due date. He didn’t want to come on Labor Day. He didn’t want to come on 09/09/09. And thankfully he didn’t come today, as he would have had to share a birthday with The Pond Life Formerly Known as Son-in-Law.

Although he would certainly have redeemed the day.

I will share birth stats once Secondborn makes the official announcement. Mother and baby doing fine. And I will take some time off next week, once I’m done with mandatory meetings and sundry other obligations at work.

Dinner tonight with Brother Sushi, on my nickel. And in a very few minutes, the second layaway payment on Jessica. I also need to sit down with my 2mm graph paper and work out the raglan decreases for the yoke of Cuprit’s sweater and the neck shaping.

It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

i missed her call and when I was driving home from work I called to check on her. Much to my surprise I had a new nephew already.

nekokoi said...

you know what else helps redeem the day? xD

-a shipping notice. <3 your girl is on her way!