About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 31, 2011

1300

That was the number of yesterday’s post. Last year I hit 1066, amusingly appropriate because I was reading Sharon Kay Penman’s meticulously researched series of historical novels about William the Conqueror (a/k/a William the Illegitimate Person ~ more or less ~ and hard to say if it was because of his birth or his attitude). It looks as if I will be blowing kisses at Christopher Columbus’ ghost sometime before the end of the year.

The kitchen still smells like burnt bagel. I am the Death Star of small appliances.

Nearly done with the doll hat which I cast on before bedtime on Friday night [that was the first thing I grabbed after I found my glasses this morning]; may have solved the technical problem with the shawl; have an idea for a silk/wool lace beret or maybe even a sweater from the leftover Gloss Lace; and even put a few more rows on the moss green alpaca putative cowl before crashing last night.

Now it’s on to GoogleReader and a quick dash through the AARP games and get ready for work and scoot on out the door.

A good Sabbath almost guarantees a good Monday.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

No problem with the facebook thing; I don't mind, mostly because I am unaware of what the consequences may be...People visiting my blog?
I don't understand why my blog would have been listed as unexisting, though. And when I tried to click on your 'Email me' link, it won't let me so that's why I'm connecting with you here.