About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, January 31, 2011

1300

That was the number of yesterday’s post. Last year I hit 1066, amusingly appropriate because I was reading Sharon Kay Penman’s meticulously researched series of historical novels about William the Conqueror (a/k/a William the Illegitimate Person ~ more or less ~ and hard to say if it was because of his birth or his attitude). It looks as if I will be blowing kisses at Christopher Columbus’ ghost sometime before the end of the year.

The kitchen still smells like burnt bagel. I am the Death Star of small appliances.

Nearly done with the doll hat which I cast on before bedtime on Friday night [that was the first thing I grabbed after I found my glasses this morning]; may have solved the technical problem with the shawl; have an idea for a silk/wool lace beret or maybe even a sweater from the leftover Gloss Lace; and even put a few more rows on the moss green alpaca putative cowl before crashing last night.

Now it’s on to GoogleReader and a quick dash through the AARP games and get ready for work and scoot on out the door.

A good Sabbath almost guarantees a good Monday.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

No problem with the facebook thing; I don't mind, mostly because I am unaware of what the consequences may be...People visiting my blog?
I don't understand why my blog would have been listed as unexisting, though. And when I tried to click on your 'Email me' link, it won't let me so that's why I'm connecting with you here.